Mental Health First Aid 2 day Training Course - Norwich, Norfolk, Suffolk and England
Please go to HOME page for a list of current "open" courses or contact Beckie to discuss booking a course for your service/organisation.
Beckie Davies is an instructor approved by MHFA England to deliver the Standard MHFA and Youth MHFA course. Each course is usually delivered over 2 full days, but there can be flexibility within this.
Experiencing the MHFA training educates and empowers you so that you are more able and confident to help colleagues, clients, customers, friends and family who may be experiencing mental health issues and help prevent problems getting worse.
An MHFA course will help you to:
- Recognise early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel more confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves
- Provide comfort to a person in distress or experiencing mental ill-health
- Promote recovery and maintenance of positive mental health
- Guide someone towards appropriate professional support and self-help
- Help reduce the stigma of mental health problems
The course consists of presentation slides, pair and group learning exercises and video clips. An extensive training manual and a certificate from MHFA England is also provided.
For an outline of the course content “click here” (PDF doc)
Beckie can also deliver the 1-day MHFA Workplace and Half-day introductory MHFA course
Why Mental Health First Aid is important for you, your organisation or business?
“1 in 6 British adults and 1 in 10 British 5-16yr olds will be experiencing a mental health problem at any given time” (ONS)
It is therefore likely that someone we know: friends, colleagues, customers, employees or family members are currently experiencing mental health issues such as depression or anxiety disorders. We often do not spot the signs that someone else, or ourselves are struggling until very late and we know that the earlier a person receives the appropriate help, the less likely they are to develop more serious long term problems.
Training staff members in MHFA in your organisation indicates that you take your employees and clients wellbeing seriously. It can help you:
- Reduce your sickness, absenteeism and presenteeism levels
- Improve your productivity, recruitment and retention
- Improve the outcomes for those returning to work
- Fulfil your legal responsibilities including those under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Management of Safety at Work Act 1999 and the Equality Act 2010