This course will be of benefit to anyone who would like to increase their understanding of issues relating to self-harm, particularly those working in education, health, social, voluntary and youth services.
At the end of this 1-day workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the self-harm/self-nurture continuum
- Identify common motives and myths surrounding self-harm
- List some helpful and unhelpful short and long term responses
- List alternative ways of coping other than self harm
- Be aware of professional help available
- Recognise your own needs and ways to look after yourself when working with people who self-harm